Sunday, July 3, 2011

Baby Card Do-Over

I made a card for my daughter's friend. Turns out, I should have asked how to spell her name. Sigh. The very next night, I made a new card. I had some more Baby Tees that I had wheeled out, so I asked for some colors and got to work.


Sorry for the weird color, I was chasing daylight and it was cloudy. Anyway, I used matching cardstock and markers to create this little cutie. Notice, NO NAME. I did put a Congratulations stamp inside. I colored the onesies, punched the flowers, and started gluing it all together.

I just knew when I saw the triple layer punches in the summer mini that they would be in the big catalog, too. I was right! Why put out all that energy and effort to make a punch if it isn't going to be part of the main lineup?
I love layering different colors together. I knew I wanted white flowers, so I punched bottom layers out of the colors I used in the onesies. Mostly In Colors, of course! I love the way Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush look together.


I trimmed out and popped up the onesies on dimensionals, as well as a few of the flowers. I punched one flower out of the Pink Pirouette card stock and stuck it to the envelope with a Basic Rhinestone. We decided bling would be overkill here, much as we love it!


All supplies Stampin' Up:
Stamp: Baby Tees Jumbo Wheel
Ink: Black (used with Jumbo Handle)
Markers and Card Stock: Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette. Whisper White card stock.
Punches: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment