Friday, May 2, 2014

Swappin' the Night Away

You may or may not be aware that the Stampin' Up! catalog year is coming to an end soon. Earlier this week, my friend and I hit the road to attend the new catalog premiere at a movie theater in Des Moines, IA. This is 8+ hours from home in good weather without many stops. Needless to say... neither direction took 8 hours. :) It was still a fun trip, but I really wish Minneapolis hadn't sold out so quickly!

At any rate, where there is a Stampin' Up event, there are swaps. I joined a group of 10 women who connected online beforehand. Got some beautiful cards and great ideas in return for my own set of cards! I made 2 versions of the same card since I had designer paper to use. I have been loving the Eastern Elegance papers!

Here is one... not a great pic, but I didn't realize it before I let them all out of my possession...


The other color scheme, with a sentiment added. (I didn't stamp sentiments on any of my swaps.)


I used the Banners Framelit die to make the bottom banner, a strip of card stock flagged using the Hexagon punch, a Label die shape, and the Butterfly punches. Stamps are Happy Day and Lovely Romance. I attempted a guess at stamp sets that wouldn't be on the retired list, but I failed. I knew I was using soon-to-retire paper anyway, so I will be able to sleep at night. :)

These cards are actually a CASE of my own creation from last summer, which is itself a catalog CASE. I really liked the sample on page 106 of the current catalog. I switched the direction of the layout but kept the layered idea and placement of elements.


This version uses stamps from Creative Elements (retiring favorite - sniffle!) and Epic Day This & That paper. I have been hoarding this card as I really like how it turned out. Maybe I should go ahead and Let It Go... because I need room for more cards!

Anyway, it is Prom weekend here in ND and there are many other events taking place in the next 2 days, so off to bed for me! Hope you enjoyed these 3-of-a-kind cards!

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment