Sunday, June 7, 2015

Occasions Catalog Card Swap

Hello again! One more quick post about cards made with items from the Occasions catalog. Better late than never, I guess! We were to send a dozen each of 2 cards. I decided to make one feminine and one masculine. Why not, right? I love the Adventure Awaits stamp set and coordinating paper stack. They were #1 on my preorder. I am so disappointed they didn't carry over, but the set will remain in my permanent collection! It's so great for graduation, retirement, weddings, encouragement, home decor pieces... YES to all of that. Can be used for either feminine or masculine projects!

Here is the variety of masculine cards I made with a single design but a variety of papers. I used the Perpetual Birthday Calendar splatter stamp (happy this carries over) and burlap ribbon for texture (more happy). The Starburst frame makes a great layer for the round sentiment. The center is Sahara Sand, stamped with Versamark and embossed with the retired Early Espresso embossing powder. I'll be honest, I was somewhat disappointed at the items that didn't live on in the new annual catalog, but I have a decent sized wish list anyway! Looking forward to making lots of lovely new projects with the toys I will acquire in the next several months.






The feminine cards I made used Sale A Bration papers and a sentiment from a SAB set, and the Love Is Kindness single stamp which I won in a catalog preview prize patrol. I'll be honest, this stamp doesn't really float my boat, but I wanted to use it at least once! I colored it with Blendabilities markers (RIP).



I got back lots of lovely cards in return. My upline is hours away but I was able to participate by mail at her last event. Hoping there will be another soon featuring the new annual catalog!

Have a great day!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment