Wednesday, June 15, 2011

More Candle Love

OK, people. I have decided I have no clue what I am doing. Please bear with me while I bumble around and make this page something decent to look at... In the meantime, enjoy some paper cuteness.








 I wrapped a few candles for door prizes at the Stamp-A-Stack we had last night. I showed one off here, and the rest are above... I think I am in love with the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch. I didn't do a whole lot with it here, but I did layer 2 cuts for each of these cuties. I am SO SAD all the DSP is going away but another year, another variety to drool over, right? Seriously. Elegant Soiree? Sweet & Sour? I am just getting into my groove with these and they are going bye-bye. I guess I'll get over it but I have a feeling there is some hoarding that is about to happen. Just sayin'.
 
The first two candles were modeled after the Elegant Occasions Suite from the 10-11 Idea Book, on page 66. Yes, I looked it up. I love the colors and textures and I thought the theme would be great for decorating a few candles. Have a closer look...






 Happily, everything you see here is STAYING in the catalog! I used that triple layer punch, the Scalloped Oval punch, a flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Baja Breeze textured card stock (LOVE), Soft Suede card stock, Basic Pearls, and Victoria trim. The flower is Very Vanilla. Oh, and a couple of brads to hold it down in the back. Please excuse the cruddy picture placement, I have issues and I couldn't get them lined up like I wanted.



OK, seriously, I should really just give up but I CAN'T. I should be in bed, but I just CAN'T! I think I should consider therapy... oh wait, this is what I do for therapy... man am I ever in trouble. Anyway the second candle features not one but two retiring products - the Elegant Soiree DSP and the Designer Label Punch. I love the look of the antique brad, and the little bit of Early Espresso marker splashed across the flower with the Color Spritzer makes that Very Vanilla card stock look a lot less naked. I used the Scallop Trim Border Punch on a strip of Soft Suede for the base of the wrap. Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon is so fun to ruche up and adds a frilly, girly touch.




These pics seem a little off on my screen but rest assured they are the Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red of the Sweet & Sour DSP. I did some layering here and chose to hide the ends of the paper strips behind the Designer Label, punched in Rose Red. The colors are so vibrant, they really didn't need a lot of "extra stuff". Janelle won this one. ;) Hi Janelle!






I suppose I have my work cut out for me. I did add feed burner links for readers and email, so I accomplished SOMETHING webmasterish today. Is that a word? Now I have to figure out how to whip my pics into shape and into proper formation and I'll be another step ahead. Right now as Dan Pearce would say, this is SUCH a nerd blog. :) All plain and straight-out-of-the-box and in need of some serious tweaking!! It's on my list, I promise!

I have this great idea for a Father's Day card for the hubby. Hopefully I have everything here to make it, since I left the majority of my essential tools at my friend's house after the Stamp-A-Stack so they would be available for Round 2 next week!

Good night, all!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment