Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Signature Style and Door Prize

I decorated this candle as a door prize for a Stamp-A-Stack this week. As a challenge from Pals Paper Arts, it really does represent my signature style. I go for girly and clean. I am drawn to pink. I do a lot of other things as well but if I am defining my style, this is it.


I used a small vanilla-colored votive candle - it's less than 1.5" tall. I pulled the colors from the designer series paper - from the Occasions mini catalog. I made a Regal Rose carnation from 3 Scalloped Circle Punch shapes using a technique I learned from Julie at Paper Pleasing Ideas. The leaves are cut from Wild Wasabi with the 5 Petal Flower Punch, scored down the center and highlighted with Wild Wasabi marker. The strips are a little over 5" long and are punched with the Scallop Edge Punch. I brought it all together at the back with 3 silver brads. I did run adhesive along all the layers and also adhered them to the candle so there is less likelihood of it all falling apart!

Here are some more pictures to show it all off:





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous flower!!!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete