Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy Birthday in color

I love the colors in the Sale-A-Bration exclusive paper, Everyday Enchantment. They are so unexpected together. I wanted to see if I could do the same combination in a completely different pattern - no designer paper. What do you think? The bright colors on top of the Pool Party base really pop.

I used my color spritzer tool to apply the inks to the card base. The Poppy Parade got away from me a little bit, so I took the "creative opportunity" to add a brad from the SAB brad & ribbon pack.

I punched out Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, and Pear Pizzazz with my Petite Pennant Punch and laid out the little flags in an order that made sense, on top of the Lucky Limeade organza ribbon from the brad & ribbon pack. I carried over the color using the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set and the Punch Pack four-petal flower, topped with a pearl. You can see how layered the colors in order on each flag. I used these same colors of marker with the Color Spritzer. The sentiment is from the Elementary Elegance SAB set, stamped in Soft Suede ink.

A not-so-great shot of the matching envelope... and one last look at the card. How do you think these colors work together apart from the Designer Series Paper?

To claim your Sale-A-Bration freebies, contact me! It's on until March 31st. Spring is coming and these products are so fantastic for breaking you out of that winter slump!

Thanks for stopping by.
-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment