Thursday, May 26, 2011

CAS First Birthday

I created this card to give with the "K" medallion shelf art I made for my little friend's birthday last month. I had grand plans for this, with a bunch of cupcakes all matted on coordinating circles... it got more and more complicated the more I punched, and I got more and more annoyed and overwhelmed. I cleared the card and put on just one cupcake... and I thought, "THIS IS IT. This is all I need." Good thing, too, because I put it in a clear envelope and she decided it was a way cool crinkly chew toy! Babies. They just don't appreciate our hard work. :)




The colors were picked to go with the Strawberry Lemonade party theme. Once again I used the Curly Cute set, inked in Versamark on Regal Rose and finished with clear embossing powder. The circle mat is So Saffron popped up on Dimensionals, and the entire cupcake is punched from various sheets of Sweet & Sour designer series paper using the Build a Cupcake Punch. Just ONE candle, of course!

A note on the supplies - I am SO GLAD I bought the Build a Cupcake punch. It's come in very handy. I've gotten so picky about what I buy. Everything has to have real value in my stamp room or it can't come in to play! The Sweet & Sour paper is so awesome. The colors are bright and the glossy accents really make the designs pop.

Anyway, since the birthday girl decided the card was good enough to eat, I will take the compliment and call this one a CAS winner!

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment