Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Curly Cute Congratulations

We have several graduations to celebrate this spring. Since all the announcements we received were from girls, all of my cards are feminine!! All use the Congratulations stamp from the Curly Cute set.

Sweet Clean and Simple style here... I can't remember the name of this designer paper so if you can fill me in I will be grateful! I used Certainly Celery CS and ink, my scallop edge punch, and a doodad from the filigree brad set with a rhinestone brad in the center. Loving the background? A great shot taken at work (again - shhhh!!!) I accented the envelope with the flower from the Nature Walk set.


Stepping it up a little - here I used some Brushed Silver card stock to echo the bling around the Medallion image. I love the look of tone on tone, and Marina Mist did not fail me here. What a great color, and so nice against the silver. Accented with Basic Rhinestones and another Filigree brad with a rhinestone center. I don't think I have used a single plain brad to fill those filigree flowers yet. A note on this one - the adhesive back on the rhinestones didn't want to stick to the ink so I had to supplement with a little liquid glue. I think that gray cubicle wall really sets it all off, don't you? :)


Last, I used the accordion fold again to make fans for this more sophisticated look. My daughter came in while I was working and freaked out - she LOVES houndstooth. Interesting choice for a 12-year-old! I used the "journey" stamp from Define Your Life on Tempting Turquoise for a shot of color. These stamps fit so nicely with the Designer Label Punch, with a little room at the top and bottom to decorate if you wish. I matted it on black and ran a line of black glitter glue around the edges. This was then popped up using dimensionals. I used the same glitter glue for the black accents on the fans. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of Very Vanilla and noticed it was a little off center, so I used the creative opportunity to add a black brad. ;) I'm very happy with this card.


I think Curly Cute is my favorite basic greeting set. I love the font and the clean look of the images on my cards. It's been getting a workout. A note on the black ink - I have found that the Basic Black Classic Ink in my stash has a blue cast, so I rarely use it. I rely more on my Jet Black StazOn for sentiments and outlines.

Congratulations to all the 2011 graduates!! Preschool, kindergarten, middle school, high school, any level of college - it's a great accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment