Monday, May 30, 2011

Mom's Birthday Card

For my mom's birthday, I wanted to give her something special and classy, just like her. :) Classy some of the time, except when she's being crazy and awesome. Which is most of the time. I started with a banner, which I will post later, and accompanied it with a card. I had been taking my Blender Pens for granted, so I knew it was time to 1) make sure they worked and 2) get them back on the front lines. The layout and techniques are very straightforward, but the result is soft and lovely. 


I'm not sure why the vintage look appeals to me so strongly. I'm not good at the bordering-on-cluttery look, but I can do a simple, soft project with a vintage twist, which suits me better. Here, I used Basic Grey to stamp the outline of the hydrangea from the Because I Care hostess set onto a Very Vanilla panel, mounted on Perfect Plum and popped up on Dimensionals. I filled in with ink squeezed into the lids of the Perfect Plum and Always Artichoke Classic pads, picked up with the blender pen, and dotted a few flower centers in So Saffron. I also sponged the edges with Perfect Plum. Loving the Victoria crochet trim and Antique Brad topped with a Basic Pearl. The background is tone-on-tone with the small flower from the same set, all mounted on Very Vanilla card stock.


Gotta have a matching envelope, so I inked up the stamp with Perfect Plum and Always Artichoke markers and stamped in the corner.

Mom loved it!

All supplies listed are from Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Because I Care
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum
Ink: Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke, So Saffron
Markers: Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Stamping Sponges, Basic Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment