Monday, May 23, 2011

PPA94 Graduation

My first post ever! Excuse the boring page, it will be fixed soon. I saw this sketch challenge on Pals Paper Arts and had to participate - it took about 5 minutes at work (shhh - don't tell) for me to formulate exactly how I wanted this card to look, and when I got home I made it happen! I used a glittery black embossing powder, but you could achieve the same look by mixing black embossing powder with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.



This card will go to the daughter of one of my best friends, for her high school graduation. Hope she likes it! I made another one of the same design, and the sentiment didn't come out quite as straight... oh well. I really like the color combination, made even easier with the fantastic designer paper. I think it looks so rich. If I were to do it again, I would move the flowers slightly to the right. I centered the flowers before I added the leaves.

All supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Flower Fest, Curly Cute, Elements of Style
Paper: Love Letter DSP; Red Riding Hood, Always Artichoke and Basic Black card stock
Ink: Versamark, Always Artichoke, Jet Black StazOn
Other: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Black Glitter Embossing Powder 

Thanks for looking!!
Becca

2 comments:

  1. I like your card! The polka dots with the graph paper is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's the first time I've actually posted a challenge entry. I do them from time to time and get distracted, and never get the entry done. Tried on Splitcoast once but got frustrated. :)

    ReplyDelete