Wednesday, April 19, 2017

OnStage Display Samples! Metallic Sequins and Color Theory DSP

Well, I was selected to create display samples for OnStage! This honor came with a big box of brand new goodies from the upcoming Annual Catalog... which was Absolutely Fabulous, and included lots of OOOH-worthy stuff and a few that I knew would stretch my crafty brain! But hey, that is how we come up with stuff we wouldn't necessarily have tried otherwise, so I was up to the challenge. I am not listing all of the supplies I used, so if you would like details you are certainly welcome to ask!

Today I am sharing the scrapbook page I used featuring the GORGEOUS Metallic Sequins! In the new catalog, they are listed on page 197. They are easy to miss - but don't make that mistake! This was definitely an OOOH product. The metallics are so beautiful and rich. The shine is amazing. They just ooze class and they are so fancy! I had to make a page featuring my cute daughter and the copper sequined dress she wore to prom last year. Since I had a package to play with at my leisure, I chose to slather them on! Not the way I would normally use and abuse embellishments. I am normally a frugal embellisher. (that's a real thing.) I had planned to put just a wide row of sequins under the photo, but once I measured everything out and realized what I had left for space, I just globbed on the Multi Purpose glue and piled them on! I like the simplicity of the layout. The Copper Foil letters and numbers coordinate perfectly and it just works for me.



I also thought the sequins would make an amazing shaker card. However, I thought it would be fun to make a shaker-looking card with filling that didn't actually move! I put adhesive all over the background of the cupcake top and stuck the sequins in place, then built up the top layer as I normally would for a shaker feature. (Adhesive sheets in the new catalog will make this super easy to do!) The white sequins have a pretty iridescent pinkish sheen to them so I paired them with the silver glimmer paper and NEW In Color Powder Pink for the scallop layer and the number 40. Generously applied splotches of Wink of Stella by whacking the glitter pen against my finger.


Let's talk about Color Theory for a minute. I had an inkling that when I opened up the paper pack and couldn't think of a whole heck of a lot to do with it that it must be part of a larger suite of products - which it definitely is! WOW, how fun! I wasted several sheets trying out paint-chip look ideas and card layers, but ultimately decided to make mini treat bags and dress the paper up that way. 6x6 paper is great for treat bags! You use a sheet and a half. It's a good stash-buster, too. There are four colors featured in this set but I used 3 to make this set of bags.

The first is a sunburst. I used one of the paint-chip style designs in Daffodil Delight (there is another with white between the graduating shades of color) as the bag base. I cut the sun from So Saffron and layered on a Daffodil Delight swirl from the Swirly Scribbles die set. The twine is Pool Party solid baker's twine, also from the new-stuff goody box. Metallic Embellishments and For You from Jar of Love finish out the card.


The next sample uses Old Olive in one of the crackle finish papers. The color felt right for a pretty pink rose! I cut it from the Rose Garden framelit in Powder Pink and Blushing Bride. I used the outline in Powder Pink and filled with Blushing Bride. Piecing this together can be a chore. I cut a piece of Powder Pink slightly larger than the rose, and covered it with Fast Fuse. I placed the outline on the base. I used Press n Seal wrap to hold the Blushing Bride pieces in place and pressed them into the outline. Then, I trimmed around the rose and made sure there was no adhesive oozing out of the sides. I did a similar trick with the leaves but only used one color, Pear Pizzazz. Can't say I want to do that again, those tight curves are tricky with the scissors! For You is cut from Shimmer White card stock using the word die from the Mini Treat Bag set. I am definitely getting my money out of those dies. The ribbon is NEW also, 1/8" Sheer Ribbon in Whisper White.


The last of the treat bags that I finished is Dapper Denim, the ombre design. I think this is my favorite print in all four colors. I had some bits and pieces lying on my work table so I put them together to make a little collage using the lighthouse from the High Tide stamp set. Those birds... I think I need to shave down some of the low areas of my stamp since it tends to get more ink on the paper than I want! The frame is cut using the Layering Squares. The words are framed with the Stitched Shapes - totally necessary, needs to be in every crafter's permanent collection!! The stars are from the Mini Treat Bag. The Natural Burlap trim is just the right earthy touch to help ground the collage.


I have a few other groups of samples to share, so please stay tuned! If you have questions on any of the projects I have shown, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for looking!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment