Sunday, April 23, 2017

OnStage Display Samples! A Mixed Bag

Today I am sharing the last of my OnStage display samples. (I keep typing "Stamples" - is that a thing?) I only made a few "sets" of cards and those have been shared so the rest are kind of one-off's featuring different new toys.

The first card I am sharing features our new (returning) Glossy Card Stock! I did some research as I have never worked with glossy cardstock personally, so I needed some ideas! I found some that I will definitely try later, but after destroying 2 full sheets with failed experiments, I settled on this Versamark resist technique. I stamped the paisleys onto the card stock with Versamark ink, then sponged Tempting Turquoise and Pear Pizzazz over it. No embossing, although that is another resist effect you can certainly do with this paper. Secret time! On the back of the Tempting Turquoise layer is another panel almost exactly like this that I realized was pretty much ruined. I hadn't been super careful and there were fingerprints and extra ghosted images of the stamps all over! Word to the wise, don't handle this with your fingers during the process! It will be a mess! An option is to make sure your fingers get clean. I keep baby wipes in my craft room for quick cleanups.



This card features the Lift Me Up bundle, along with NEW Peekaboo Peach striped grosgrain ribbon and the Ticket Border Punch. Fairly straightforward. I like the way the layers of the balloon mirror the stripes in the ribbon.


I used the fun new Corrugated Embellishments tags to make a tiny Baby banner! The stamping around the frame of the card is all Timeless Textures. I also featured the Powder Pink In Color card stock and ink.


One of my roommates made cute pillow gifts! Check it out! Anything chocolate is automatically a winner in my book.


Thanks for coming along and checking out my samples! They were really fun to make and it was an honor to be able to make them.
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment