Thursday, April 20, 2017

OnStage Displays: Crafting Forever

Oh goodness. I think this one is a winner! I received Crafting Forever as one of my stamp sets to create display samples for OnStage. It's an Angel Policy set, and contains a Stampin Up copyright stamp along with loads of fun and beautiful images and phrases related to crafting. I made a set of cards and a couple of boxes using the set.

First, the pens! They are so gorgeous! They look like the sweet cloisonne enamel pens you can get in quality stationery stores. Did we all start out as stationery junkies? I used the In Color ink pads and a blender pen to color them in. I chose Powder Pink and Flirty Flamingo as the base colors for this card. I stamped the pens on white card stock, colored them, and CUT THEM ALL OUT. I colored in the gap between the pens and their clips using my Flirty Flamingo marker. I am crazy, not stupid. :) I used Wink of Stella in both clear and gold to add shine to the metal parts of the pens. To keep the edges of the pens from glowing against the pink card stock, I turned them over and ran a black marker around them. I then stamped the pens onto the Flamingo layer and glued the pens in place. I added some bling with skinny strips of silver glimmer paper and some rhinestones.



I love the little snips and the coordinating sentiment! I did NOT cut these out (so many puns...), I just stamped and colored them in. I continued the bling here with more silver glimmer paper and rhinestones as the scissor rivets! The base layer is new In Color Berry Burst.


The third card showcases the baker's twine stamp and my favorite of the sentiments! I once again stamped the image over and over on Crumb Cake and colored in the twine with Tranquil Tide. I trimmed them out, again like a crazy person. Tip, I went ahead and cut the little tails off and then very carefully cut them out separately. Not something I would recommend doing for multiples, in retrospect! Again I flipped out the cutouts and shaded the edges with a black felt marker. I paired the Tranquil Tide card stock with Early Espresso and Mint Macaron. The bling here is gold glimmer paper and metallic embellishments.


Here are all three cards together!


I also used the stamp set to make a pair of cute boxes! Both were constructed by hand. The first is a Tranquil Tide matchbox using the matching Finely Woven Ribbon and the pen image. The wrap is Foil Acetate. I also stamped the base card stock before I folded it up to make the box. I took the pattern from a YouTube tutorial by Dawn Griffith - it uses the envelope punch board and is a very slick build. The bows on both boxes were created using the 10-Second Bow Maker which I bought from Meg Daves. LOVE IT, especially for making cute little double bows!



I also made a little 3" pizza box. I just did some quick math and used my basic box-building skills to pop this one out using just my trimmer and paper snips. Side note, I think Bermuda Bay is my very favorite color ever and I LOVE this Mini Chevron ribbon! It will also be available in Crushed Curry and Old Olive. I now have my hands on all three colors and I am digging in!! The tag is cut from the Cheerful Tags dies, which carried over from the Holiday catalog (yay) and are now retiring (boo). As of now, this die set is still available at the reduced price of $15.50 US! It is wonderful for making bottle tags and I am sad to see it go.


I have to say, this group of samples makes me really happy. Lots of sweet bling and check out the Stitched Shape Framelits! I can't stop using them! The stamp set is a lot of fun and there are 2 more images that I didn't use here, a pot of paintbrushes and a wood stamp, along with the copyright stamp. I hope you enjoyed the samples! More to come... Again, if you have questions about any of the materials or techniques used, please feel free to contact me!

Thanks for looking!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment