Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bright butterflies

I needed to use my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. I'd used it before, but for subdued projects. I needed something bright and punchy. Something Razzleberry. Yes.

I wanted color! It is winter, it is drab, it is cold, and I needed some color and pop to pick up my day. I just love the embossed pattern. It's gorgeous. I need to use it a lot more. Anyway, I used all the brightest colors I could handle to bring a little spring into my craft room.

I colored the butterflies from Kindness Matters and cut them out, then popped them up on a Designer Label Punch Melon Mambo shape, matted on Pumpkin Pie. The trimming is closer than it looks - the angle gives a peek at the bits of dimensionals holding them on. I will say, those little antennae are hard to cut around, even with sharp little Paper Snips!

I love the Early Edition paper. A little snippet mounted on Pacific Point is a fun "edition" (ha ha) to my card. I know there is no sentiment - I have no clue what I'm going to use this card for. I'll find a reason to give it, though. I might make a set now that I have this one done. It was in my mind for a LONG time.


Would this cuteness brighten your winter doldrums? :)

Becca

Supplies used:
Kindness Matters stamp set
Card stock: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Early Edition Designer Series Paper
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black; markers - Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Color Spritzer, Paper Snips, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Designer Label Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca! Long time no chatting. Like your card. Every time I see a card with that set (Kindness Matters), I wish I had purchased it. Then we weren't able to use it as a pre-order for SAB, so I still didn't get it. Thinking it's time! I'm working on a birthday card class. I had my first class with Christmas cards and it went well. Hoping for every 2 months at this point. Michelle

    ReplyDelete