Monday, February 20, 2012

Be Mine, Valentine!

I made this long before Valentine's Day but never got it posted. I used retired Love Letter designer series paper and the new Paper Doily Die and Fashionable Hearts embosslit to come up with a classic, pretty card.

Of course, Stampin' Up makes it easy to coordinate solid card stock with their DSP. I intended to use the reverse side of the doily die cut but the vanilla and black side looked better - so that is what I used! The hearts were cut from several of the patterned papers and an assortment of them found places on the card. I cut a few from Riding Hood Red and filled the upper right corner, rather than leaving it bare or adding more DSP. The Be Mine sentiment is from a long-retired set.

I layered torn strips of Basic Black and Very Vanilla onto the bottom of the card and glued away!

I hope you like my Valentine, and can forgive me for being tardy posting it! Thanks for stopping by!

Becca

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set:   (retired)
Card Stock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red; Love Letters Designer Series Paper (retired)
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Other: Paper Doily Die, Fashionable Hearts Embosslit

1 comment:

  1. I love the doily! Using this DSP was so clever! You have created an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete