Thursday, February 23, 2012

My mom's birthday again!

It's my mom's birthday today! She is in Norway visiting a friend and having a fabulous time, I'm sure. I am guilty of good intentions gone awry, as usual. The card is at her house but it missed her. Sigh. She'll open it when she gets home.

Once again, I used the Sale-A-Bration Everyday Enchantment designer series paper to guide me on this card. The base pattern and pleated rosette (I cannot call them "lollies", I just can't...) are made from this paper pack. I used the Triple Treat flower stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla punched with the Fancy Flower, layered up using the Triple Layer Blossom punch in Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, and Pool Party. The embellishment is held together with the cute butterfly from the SAB brad and ribbon pack. I layered the rosette over Pool Party ruffled ribbon. The knot is tied separately and adhered with a glue dot.

A closer look at the rosette and punched layers.

You can see I used Pool Party for the entire card base. Usually, I will create a card front and glue it onto white to save $$ - I'm a stamper on a budget! - but hey, this is for my mom and I have a LOT of Pool Party card stock. :) The sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede using SAB set Elementary Elegance, which is where I also got the little crown stamp - shown here in Peach Parfait tone-on-tone and fussy cut.


 I mailed this in a bubble envelope due to the layers but I made a matching envelope anyway. It was a labor of love. See all the colors? I love that Stampin' Up! color products all match.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!
Becca

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Elementary Elegance, Triple Treat Flower
Ink: Soft Suede, Peach Parfait; markers: Soft Suede, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz
Card Stock: Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait; Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper
Punches: Fancy Flower, Triple Layer Blossom, corner rounder
Other: Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Everyday Enchantment Brad and Ribbon Pack, scoring tool

No comments:

Post a Comment