Sunday, June 24, 2012

Daydream Monogram Thank You

I mentioned that my stepdaughter graduated. Well, that means a lot of gifts and many thank you cards in return. I made a small stack of these cards for her to send to her well-wishers. Just so happens they are the colors for the Dynamic Duos color challenge! Wonder how that happened... Anyway I wanted to use my new toys and this design helped me achieve a few different goals this week!


I took another photo but the light is hideous and the angle was wrong and it was just an unfixable disaster AND I was out of daylight, so I will post this card again with some other color combinations and letters I played with today. I managed to smash in 4 new items from the 2012-13 Stampin' Up annual catalog - the Floral Framelits, Adorning Accents Edgelits and matching embossing folder, and the new Daydream Medallions stamp set, along with my trusty Broadsheet Alphabet. Love this design. I thought it might work for the Stamp A Stack we have planned but if we have 20 people trying to make 4 of the same design at the same time, even using 2 Big Shots, it will just turn into Armageddon and we don't need that. :) So I used the medallions and framelits again and came up with a more multi-user friendly design. Now I can't wait for the big event!

I've been aware of Dynamic Duos and this is just their 8th challenge, and it is a great one. I'll be playing again! I keep trying to do more complicated things and the simplicity suits me well.

Thanks for stopping by.
Becca

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Broadsheet Alphabet
Card Stock: White, River Rock, Always Artichoke
Ink: River Rock, Always Artichoke
Big Shot items: Floral Framelits, Adorning Accents Edgelits & Embossing Folders
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. I really love how you've used the new product too,Becca, very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set of monogram cards turned out beautifully. I love the shape that can be added with the edgelit dies and matching embossing folder. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful set, I love the backdrop of the monogram! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect gift!! Love your design and the floral frame for your monogram! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love monogrammed cards! I think it adds such a personal tough for handwritten notes. These are darling! Love the fun embossed accent and the floral frame for the monogram. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete