Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ode to a Friend

I made this card a LONG time ago for a sketch challenge. The pieces I cut did not work for the sketch so it morphed into something different. When I picked the die cut piece for the front, I knew immediately whose card this would be, and when. My good friend Lisa and I met at a women's Bible study 11 years ago. She introduced me to stamping shortly after we met, and is my Stampin' Up upline. My daughter is between her girls in age and when they were younger we spent a LOT of time together. Life is busy and things change but we have always been friends. Now she is moving with her family for her husband's job and I am so very, very sad. We will really miss them. When your own family lives hours (at least) away, it is so good to have a support network and she have been that for me. I could share so very much more about what makes her a great friend and what makes our relationship special but instead I will show you this card that I made for her.


Funnily enough, there is very little stamping involved with this card! I did stamp the Soft Suede background with the floral spray from Elements of Style and sponged the edges in Soft Suede ink. The patterned paper is from the Beau Chateau DSP, matted on Marina Mist and Pink Pirouette. The Friend die cut is from the Beau Chateau Side Notes kit, which I spot colored with Marina Mist and Pink Pirouette markers and accented with punched shapes using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and 2 sizes of Basic Pearls.


I decorated the inside of the card as well - by now I have written my message and she has read it, but I didn't want it to have too much room to write because there is just too much to say. Better to keep it short and sweet and wish her well - it's a good move for them. 


This was a first for me - I decorated the envelope, too! I used Broadsheet Alphabet and Four Frames sets to make the monogram. Punches are the Decorative Label Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack and the now retired Lace Ribbon Punch, decorated with more Basic Pearls. Colors are Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, and Soft Suede. The lace ribbon is more Beau Chateau paper. I sponged a little Soft Suede onto the pink flowers to dirty them up a little.





I'll miss you, Lisa! Best of luck to you and your family in your new community. Enjoy the closer proximity to your parents and in-laws, and we'll get together soon!

Becca

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Four Frames
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette
DSP: Beau Chateau
Ink: Soft Suede, Marina Mist & Pink Pirouette markers
Accents: Beau Chateau Side Notes, Basic Pearls
Punches: Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Decorative Label, Lace Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment