Friday, April 21, 2017

OnStage Display Samples! Pocket Full of Sunshine and Lovely Words Framelits

Welcome to another day of OnStage display samples! Today I am showing the samples I made using the Pocket Full of Sunshine stamp set and Lovely Words framelits. I am not going to lie, these ones were creativity stretchers for me! But that is okay, I figured I would get some of those when I signed on to do this gig in the first place!

Pocket Full of Sunshine is a cute set. Several fun images and I didn't understand how some of them worked until I saw the catalog samples! Anyway, here is my take on the set without the benefit of the matching dies.

First, a bright color combo featuring the new Mini Sequin Trim! When I saw the pocket, I immediately knew I wanted to create a blinged-out pocket. I could see a super shiny rhinestone-and-sequin cross or other fancy designs, but I went with a more pared-back design following the stitching lines that I stamped on the pocket. It was really easy to run the Multi Purpose liquid glue along these guides and stick the new mini sequin trim right along the lines, and gold Wink of Stella around the outside stitching. Ink spots and some gold embossing finish out the card. Love the Lemon Lime Twist background color! (And what other color to make the pocket but Dapper Denim, naturally!)


Know what? I am boring. I made another Dapper Denim pocket. This time, to play on the greeting, I popped the pocket up over the Sunburst background. Pretty straight forward, I just used Metallic Embellishments as rivets. There are multiple stitching stamps to create a design on the pocket, which is fun.


What might you put in your pocket? Sunglasses? Maybe not - if you are me, those sunglasses would be destroyed in about a minute flat. However, in the sun you would want sunglasses! Here I have showcased all 5 new In Colors. I stamped and cut them all out of the different colored card stock. The Berry Burst pair at the bottom got some shine from the Fine Tip Glue Pen. I used the Diagonal Stripe background stamp to make the strip on the left.


Lovely Words. I love them. They are really fun and I have seen other samples since I made mine that are really stellar! I think they would make very cool shakers and of course you could just cut the words and not utilize the shapes around them. I made a set of cards using all three dies and coordinating framelits. The black and white designs are all from Pop of Pink specialty designer series paper. I chose three bright colors to accent the bold backgrounds.




So the framelits cut the inside of the shape and are attached to the word, if that makes sense. I used Layering framelits in Circles, Ovals, and Sweet & Sassy hearts to cut the thinnest border possible. I used those same layer shapes to cut the white layers, and carefully glued the black cutouts over the top. The Layering dies gave me the mat layers, too. I used Brights Embellishments to add some color and shine. Way fun and very Lovely!


Those are my samples to share today! One more day should do it, I think. As usual, if you have questions about technique or materials, please ask!

Thanks for looking!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment