Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweet!

I needed a birthday card, I needed one fast! My daughter's friend's birthday was UPON US and she told me she wanted a card, oh, about 10 minutes before we needed to leave the house. My stash held nothing that looked right for this girl. I had to make something. Well, I found a package of brightly colored foam stickers in the shape of goodies - lollipops, ice cream cones, wrapped candy. I also found some Bo Bunny paper I had picked up at a little scrapbook store last year. It was perfect. I started cutting and gluing and glittering. Here is the result... How did I have time to photograph the card and still leave 10 minutes later? Well... we were late. :)  But not very.

I accented the cute printed paper with a little Stampin' Up cardstock - Pacific Point here, large scraps found in my folder that were already crimped! Lucky! I outlined the shapes with Stickles and smeared some more around on the white background. (This was before SU came out with Dazzling Details, which I now have...) I figured if I could be careful in my application, it would dry by the time we reached our destination. 

Strips of Melon Mambo, Green Galore (retired), and Yoyo Yellow (also retired) finished off the bottom of the scene. It's simple, but cute. The birthday girl (she was turning 14) loved it. Seems like if it's any kind of juvenile birthday card, I gravitate toward bright colors!! Proving once again that I CAN throw together a fast and cute card. No stamps required.

Sparkly!
Becca :)

3 comments:

  1. I am looking for a scalloped die cut. Did you use one for this card, specifically the blue crimped paper? I have a small scalloped die cut but not a large one.

    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, I can't access your email thru your comment so I hope you are able to get this - I did not use a scallop die on the blue border. Those are 1" circle punches, lined up behind the next layer. On the patterned paper, I used the scallop edge punch from Stampin' Up! Shame on me for not listing my supplies like I usually do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SU does offer a large scallop edge die, contact me for more info.

    ReplyDelete