Saturday, January 28, 2012

Triple Treat for Sale-A-Bration

It's here! It's here! It's really here! Sale-A-Bration - the most wonderful time of the year. :) Today I am showing a card my friends and I designed for stamp club. I don't post these most of the time but I am going to start, because we sometimes have flashes of absolute brilliance and the results should be shared!! Anyway. After some fussing and giggling and rolling of eyes, this is what we came up with:

Some tips. We decided not to use the very center of the Triple Treat Flower stamp, instead taking 2 layers of the second shape and spinning them. Once the flowers were stamped and punched, we stacked them carefully so they lined up on the Crumb Cake base and then pierced the hole for the brad. Since it's a large brad, we made a double-width hole to accommodate the wider legs. Once the brad was attached, we could spin the flowers and they wouldn't be wonky. The little Love tag is stamped in Pool Party on Very Vanilla and punched with the Jewelry Tag Punch, then adhered between the two 5 Flower Punch layers. I like it. The colors in the Everyday Elegance Designer Series Paper seem so different, but they really do work well together.

Here is a slightly different interpretation. We put out the containers of brads from the Everyday Elegance Brad & Ribbon pack and let the girls pick the ones they liked.

I like them both. Of course, we don't send anyone home without matching envelopes for their cards. Wow, do I love this paper. I have a feeling it's going to see a lot of action at my craft table. I made a resolution to make at least one One Sheet Wonder set per month this year and keep going on notebooks and Christmas cards so I can contribute more to the church bazaar. It's the main fundraiser for our women's board, and since I am so heavily involved with the board I like to participate as much as possible in making us some money!

Have a great Sale-A-Bration! I know I will!

Becca

Supplies Used:
Stamp sets: Triple Treat Flower (a la carte stamp), Tiny Tags
Papers: Everyday Elegance DSP, White, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Poppy Parade
Other: Calypso Coral ribbon and Everyday Elegance Brad (brad & ribbon pack), Jewelry Tag Punch, Lace Ribbon Punch, Fancy Flower Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Paper Snips, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment