Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Prom Thank-You

Our neighbor did my daughter's hair and makeup for prom last month. She really did a great job! Of course in this household nobody just gets money. Money gets wrapped up, baby! My daughter wanted to just give her a card and put the cash inside. No problem. I had her pick the color and gave her approval rights.





Our neighbor is super cute, girly and trendy. Her parents own an Aveda salon and she is currently going to school to be a hair stylist. Pink was the order of the day!


I used some patterned paper I had picked up at a scrapbook store in central MN this winter. Here, I used one side for the front and the other side as the mat. A little ghetto-cut flag with a simple sentiment and some bling punch it up. I used Basic Black as the base, and the phrase is stamped in Basic Gray. I have the apparently common affliction of "can't stamp a straight line to save my life". Maybe I'll outgrow it someday. I do have a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig but I haven't figured out how to use it without making even more of a mess! It's character, right?


On the inside, I used a section of a different patterned paper to make a little area for a sweet note. A Melon Mambo mat gives it punch, and a little heart punched from the paper used on the front rounds it out.


We don't do plain envelopes around these parts. I had left the majority of my tools at a friend's house, including my clear blocks, so I had to use what I had on hand! For the border stamp, I used a lid to a box of embellishments. In my mind, it worked well as it isn't a crisp image, mimicking the distressed pattern on the card front. In reality, it took 3 impressions to get as much of the design onto the envelope as you see here! The lid was a little less sturdy than I had thought.

Hope you enjoyed! Next up... baby cards!

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment