Friday, October 11, 2013

Fun birthday cake!

I made this fun candy cake for a co-worker. I found the idea on Pinterest and had to give it a try. Let me tell you, it was kind of a disaster... I bought all the candy, used large glue dots to stick them to the cake tray, and bound it up with a ribbon I had bought back at Christmas. I was so happy with it! I went to bed, and when I woke up, the ribbon had popped open and the candy had fallen. Ugh. Luckily, it all fell down in the pattern it had been in, due to the glue dots, so it was pretty much just a matter of setting it up and re-wrapping the ribbon. I found a box and set it in the car. On the way to work, it popped open and fell down again! Really???

So, I was early for work (thank goodness) and needed to figure out how I would make this thing stay together. RUBBER BANDS. Of course. I banded each layer. Inside is a circle of Snickers bars, which are short. Around those, Hershey regular and almond bars. Around THOSE, Kit Kats and Reese's peanut butter cups. On top of the Snickers, I put a handful of Twix minis. We enjoyed candy for quite some time!


I had dotted the corrugated cake tray with sponge daubers and Gumball Green ink to match the ribbon. :) This is a somewhat spendy gift but it was too much fun to make!

Have a sweet weekend!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment