Sunday, October 13, 2013

My sister's wedding, part 3

I wish I had pics of the cards I made one of my other sisters 8 years ago, but I wasn't that cool yet... She also got a custom congrats card and a pile of thank you's to go with her beach occasion. Anyway, I wanted to give my lovely baby sister a little encouragement, and play with my new Dress Up Framelits. I LOVE them. I used the fun dies to cut out a dress from Champagne Glimmer paper, and dressed it up with ribbon and flower trim. I think the papers are both Elegant Soiree and Beau Chateau, but I don't remember any more. I wish I would have bought more of both since I'm hoarding what I have. Need to get over it...


I cut the lower half of the skirt 2 times with the die (in addition to the main, full-cut shape) to make a fun, vintage-looking dress, since I was told her gown was a champagne-y color, vintage style dress. I gave this card to her the night before the wedding when we had all the sisters together for a sleepover. I hadn't seen my 2 stepsisters in many, many years and it was so awesome to see them again and get caught up. There were 6 of us sisters plus 2 friends. The groom and his crew, including my brother, went to a friend's to play games all night. Somehow we all made it where we were supposed to be the next day, with plenty of time to spare.

Anyway, that is all I have to post about the wedding unless my stepsister wants me to post her cakes! They were beautiful and delicious! :)

Happy Sunday,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment