Sunday, October 6, 2013

World Card Making Day and Operation Write Home 2013

Whoops! I sure didn't mean to abandon the blog! Guess I've been a little busy or something. Yes, I have been making cards, but nothing got posted! Picture taking has been hit or miss but I do have some special projects I did record that I will share over the next couple of weeks, since I have time to schedule a few posts right now! :)

So, yesterday was World Card Making Day. I have had Operation Write Home on my heart lately, and I wanted to make Christmas cards to send to the troops so they can send holiday greetings home. I read the guidelines over and over, and made 25 of each of 3 designs with assistance from a couple of friends. I used a combination of new and retired products, with some pretty, shimmery Neenah papers thrown in for a little dazzle. If you want details on any of the cards please leave your question in the comments, or email me.

Card 1 - I wanted a "natural" look and it sort of twisted a little into a more traditional card with natural elements. Colors are Real Red, Wild Wasabi, and Early Espresso. Stamp sets (retired) are Four the Holidays and Pines & Poinsettias.



Card 2 - I used the Modern Mosaic set to make shiny ornaments. I started with the pearly Flash Natural Starwhite from Neenah, knowing I wanted a black background. Of course, this is just the card front since I couldn't put my OWH stamp on the back of a black card! Eliminates the need for lining the inside and creates more space for writing! I popped the ornaments in a group on a strip of Always Artichoke.


Close up shot so you can appreciate the shimmer...






Card 3 - The classic Sketch It set still makes a classy wreath. I used Gold Pearl Classic Linen Neenah paper for the backdrop of the wreath. Sketch It is one of the first sets I bought when I started stamping almost 13 years ago. I used the Stripes embossing folder to add interest to the base.


 I feel like such a dork. I had this photo set up rotated but it won't take via Blogger. Bad blogger!!

Here are all the cards, stamped with the OWH logo and properly tucked for shipping.


We'll make 25 of this card next week at Stamp Club to send overseas as well.




I used the Illuminate Glimmer Pad on the giant star, but even after a day of curing, the ink still smeared and I wasn't happy with that. So, it is embossed. The shimmer shines through!

All in all, a very productive WCMD and I am thrilled to have a number of cards to send off to Operation Write Home. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Becca 


1 comment:

  1. Very impressive display! Thanks for the inspiration....need to get started on my Christmas cards. Hoping to use the mosaic set so it was fun to see your design!

    ReplyDelete