Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bright Scallop Birthday

I sent this one to my grandmother in Maine. She's dealing with Alzheimer's and it is just so important to keep in touch. I loved the colors in the Sweet & Sour DSP, but I hadn't bought it yet when I made this card. I was clearly loving the layered scallop look! I still do... Anyway this was fairly quick and I consider it CAS.

I used markers to ink up the center of the So Many Scallops birthday stamp, then punched it out with a circle punch. This was layered onto a Pumpkin Pie circle, which was layered onto a scalloped white circle that had been stamped with the same stamp in Rose Red. I had tried to color the whole stamp but the outer design looked like... well, not good. I popped this up on dimensionals. The scallops and straight pieces are cut from Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, and white. I offset the scallops and then trimmed the sides so they were even. The white part opens upward, placed on the layered, color base. The bottom of the front is the bottom white scallop. The lower stripes are glued onto the white base. It was fun to make and I sure hope Baba enjoyed receiving it.

Becca

Supplies Used - all Stampin' Up:
Stamp: So Many Scallops (retired)
Ink and Card Stock: Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, White
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch, Circle Punches, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment