Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hello, Doily!

My mother made a doily for my grandmother many years ago. Baba gave it to me on one of my last visits as she felt I should have it. It's a pineapple pattern in variegated cream and blues. Gorgeous. I'm sure it will make its way onto the blog someday. Love it. I was SO EXCITED when I saw the Hello Doily background stamp! It is the same pattern as the one Mom made! Someday I will attempt to make a color variation using the stamp to duplicate the real one in my room... someday. :)

In the meantime, what's wrong with purple? I think I have had purple on the brain whenever I looked at this image. Had to get it out. I hope it worked... there are so many other colors! :) I used Concord Crush ink on Wisteria Wonder card stock to stamp the doily. I was having ISSUES again so I took the creative opportunity to do a little tearing and curling. I used Concord Crush on the base, and stamped my Smarty Pants sentiment in Versamark, then clear embossed it. The upper corner was torn and curled, and a slip of Flirtatious DSP was adhered behind. I could not cut the corner right to save my life - I tried several times and finally got it. (I blame Drew Carey and the guys from Whose Line. It's all their fault.) I mounted the purples on Sahara Sand, wrapped with white grosgrain ribbon, and then adhered the bow with glue dots.

I guess I can't be too hard on the Whose Line gang, I finally got it right.

Here's to cable TV reruns disrupting a nice evening of stamping...
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment