Saturday, August 6, 2011

One of the Good Ones

I loved the Smarty Pants sentiment set from the moment I saw it. Of course I had to buy it. I have used it a few times and this is one of my favorites.

I made this mini card for a swap. I used Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Early Edition DSP cut into scallop strips and the DSP cut in 3 sizes of circles. The circles were lightly sponged on the edges, crumpled, and fastened together using an Antique Brad. I will say that this is my least favorite brad of the bunch but it works here. While I was sponging the circles, I also sponged the scalloped DSP for a little different effect. The scallop strips were offset and trimmed on both ends, then attached to the card. The base was punched so the inside has a scallop border as well. I used a narrow ribbon from my stash and stamped the greeting in Very Vanilla Craft Ink. Not a lot of supplies used but it's a cute, effective card for a friend.




All supplies Stampin' Up:
Stamp: Smarty Pants
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Very Vanilla Craft
Card Stock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Early Edition
Punches: Scallop Edge Border Punch, various circles
Other: Sponges, Antique Brads, ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment