Monday, August 8, 2011

Daring Adventure

I looked at this set sideways for a few weeks. It was a little grungy for my taste. Then my grandfather died and something that was said at his memorial service got me thinking. Yes, life IS nothing if not a daring adventure. I am working on it. So, I bought the set and started planning some projects around the Helen Keller quote.


I used Crumb Cake ink to create the damask background on Crumb Cake card stock. Look Ma, no Stamp-a-ma-jig! That's stamping by the seat of your pants... The footprints are Concord Crush. I inked the sentiment stamp with Peach Parfait, Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso markers. I fussy cut the sentiment and double mounted on Pear Pizzazz and Concord Crush card stock. My fussy cutting leaves something to be desired, especially when done in front of the Big Bang Theory at night, by lamp light. Sigh.


Still, it was the effect I wanted! Simple but colorful. I kept seeing the set used with "dirty" colors and it wasn't really doing much for me. I got some inspiration from the catalog where a sample showed bright colors instead. I am now sold. Look for more using this set!! I plan to use it to make some memorial projects for my mom featuring my grandfather as well.

Life - it's an adventure!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment