Thursday, August 11, 2011

My girl's birthday THIS year!

I showed you last year's card, here is this year's for my now 13-year-old. (Wow does time fly... I cried a little...) She is SO INTO peace signs. She has zillions, I think. I bought her some peace signs stamps out of a dollar bin so she can decorate her school binders. I had some holographic stickers sitting around that she hadn't used yet, so I took inspiration from them to make her birthday card!

Do you know how hard it is to photograph holographic items, not to mention holographic embossing powder?? As you can probably imagine, I stamped "Peace" "Love" and "Cake" inside. :) Taking the lead from the stickers, I punched Melon Mambo and Concord Crush with the Small Heart punch and the Build a Cupcake Punch top. I stamped Crumb Cake card stock with cupcake wrappers from the Create a Cupcake set, using Melon Mambo and Concord Crush ink, then punched them out with the cupcake bottom portion of the punch. The tops were stamped with Versamark and the Cupcake stamp set, and heat embossed using some retired SU hologram embossing powder. She loved it.

I showed my other daughter's 17th birthday card here while we were on the road. I'll show her card from last year another day - I'm pretty proud of that one, too.

Happy Birthday!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment